Search This Blog

February 13, 2012

Navigating the Sea of Life

Some of the most meaningful "signs" we receive come through dreams. In Shirley Smothers' poem, her dream's symbolic language gave her a message that was both timely and eternal. 
________________________________________________________________

 Bob Thomas, iStock

A Flotation Device
by Shirley Smothers
I once had a dream.
It was a little scary,
but had a good outcome.
I was on a plane that was
preparing to ditch into
the ocean.

As the other passengers and I
were preparing to enter the
freezing ocean, a voice came
over the intercom and said,
“God doubles as a
flotation device.”

I woke up immediately and
thought, “How prophetic.”

I wrote down this
original line:
“In the sea of life, God doubles
as a flotation device.”



Poem, copyright Shirley Smothers, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment